[Libvir] Questions about the future of libvirt

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Mon Mar 6 13:05:50 UTC 2006

On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 11:52:29AM -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 02:54:11PM +0100, David Anderson wrote:
> > Just so that we can then start working on new implementations on a
> > single, unified codebase, rather than two codebases fused together
> > :-).
>
> IMHO indenting is peanuts, it's one ":1,$ !cb" per file. I didn't want to change
> Anthony's code at that level because I expect him to have patches floating
> around for the XML-RPC and I would rather reindent after applying his patches
> than painfully (him or I) go though the merge after a reindentation has
> occured.

  Hum, I noticed that Anthony posted his XML-RPC xend patches on xen-devel,
(I was way behind on email for most of last week).
I assume that the libvir side of the code will fallback if XML-RPC
access fails (404 or 403 I would guess) to the existing default support.
So maybe we can apply the patch now, which will allow to start on the
code cleanup.
  Anthony, would you mind applying or sending the current state of your
patch to unlock this ?

  Thanks,