[Libvir] Server move [ Re: Wiki? ]

Gareth S Bestor bestorga at us.ibm.com
Sat Mar 11 00:02:07 UTC 2006

My $0.02 - given the proportionally large(r) expected interest from
existing Xen developers, I'd vote for hg if a change is required [all
things being somewhat equal, keeping the number of source code version
control s/w that folks have to install and learn to a minimum...] That
said, I have to use cvs for a lot of other things already so I'm quite
happy today as-is :-)

- G

|         |           Daniel Veillard    |
|         |           <veillard at redhat.co|
|         |           m>                 |
|         |           Sent by:           |
|         |           libvir-list-bounces|
|         |           @redhat.com        |
|         |           03/10/06 03:47 PM  |
|         |           Please respond to  |
|         |           veillard           |
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                  |
  |       To:       Karel Zak <kzak at redhat.com>                                                                      |
  |       cc:       libvir-list at redhat.com                                                                           |
  |       Subject:  Re: [Libvir] Server move [ Re: Wiki? ]                                                           |

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 12:39:42AM +0100, Karel Zak wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 05:28:47PM -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 11:06:05AM -0600, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> > > What do you think about setting up a wiki for libvirt?  I know there
are

>  Excellent idea! (I have good experience with MoinMoin.)

  The only one I ever installed and run was MediaWiki

> > > a number of people (especially in the CIM community) interested in
being
> > > able to request features/requirements from the API.  A wiki is a
pretty
> > > easy way to allow that sort of contribution.
> > >
> > > I also like using wiki's a lot for active design documents.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Anthony Liguori
> >
> >   Hum, I didn't see you mail in the bounces but it seems to not have
made
> > it to the list somehow ...
> >   I'm not against a Wiki, but my previous experience with it on
xmlsoft.org
> > was not fantastic. But why not. I may actually move libvirt.org out of
> > veillard.com which is on my ADSL at home to the same box as
xmlsoft.org,

>  I also think about something better than CVS. What do you think about
>  git or mercirial? ;-)

I still don't know how hg works, and never used git.
I don't know how to administer them, and I can be a control freak at times
;-)
(mostly when I run a box with public services)

I may actually postpone the server move till a later time within a few
weeks
and revisit some of this then.