Réf. : Re: [Libvir] Libvir on Itanium ?

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Fri Mar 17 17:44:35 UTC 2006

On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 06:36:17PM +0100, jean-paul.pigache at bull.net wrote:
> Anthony,
>
> you are right, but this will be done in a few monthes. So I think it is
> worth having the Itanium support in mind now.
> Is there anything in the current version which could prevent it to be used
> on itanium ?

  Really no. This is basic code in C. the dependancies are libxml2
which does work on ia64 no problem, xen (and the xenstore lib),
curses and readline for the virsh shell which should be no problem
either.

  The problem really is to have xen/xend running, libvirt should be
portable to anything (and works on x86_64 so we know there is a 64bits
tested arch already).

Daniel

P.S.: the suis base a Grenoble donc sans doute pas tres loin