[Libvir] Re: support for hvm guests

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Wed May 10 03:05:44 UTC 2006

On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 05:57:52PM -0600, Jim Fehlig wrote:
> closed, etc. in httpserver.py.  Looking at a packet trace shows
> connection is terminated for paravirt case (which breaks out of the read
> loop in libvirt) but not so for hvm case.

  very strange indeed ...

> Don't think I want to waste anymore time with this bug since the http /
> sexp interface is going away - which brings me to a question.  Why is
> libvirt still using this interface and not xmlrpc?  Perhaps my time

  Basically it took longuer than expect to get 3.0.2 in the fedora environment
and I didn't started to work on it before leaving. Sorry :-\

> would be better spent moving libvirt to this interface.  I would like to
> submit the hvm patch for libvirt but can't reliably test it at this point.

  Hum,  there are other areas we didn't completely test in the code, that
should not prevent it from posting it. Maybe it's not worth commiting to
CVS right now, but having the code on the archived list meansthis can be
looked at by more people :-)