[Libvir] Configure error - Could not find libxml2 anywhere

Karthik V karthikveeramani at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 13:32:51 UTC 2006

Hi All,

I'm new to libvirt, and am having trouble running configure script.
This is the error -

checking for library containing xs_read... -lxenstore
checking libxml2   no  ... checking for libxml2 libraries >= 2.5.0...
checking libxml2   xml2-config  ... configure: error: Could not find
libxml2 anywhere (see config.log for details).

I've verified that I have libxml2 installed -

debian:~/libvirt-0.1.8# dpkg -l | grep libxml
ii  libxml2        2.6.16-7       GNOME XML library

Can someone help me fix this problem?

Thanks
Karthik