[Libvir] Libvirt dependencies

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Mon Nov 13 11:03:28 UTC 2006

On Sat, Nov 11, 2006 at 01:43:33AM -0500, Karthik V wrote:
> I'm trying to write a Java wrapper around some libvirt functions using Java
> Native Interface (JNI). To try this out, I tried writing JNI code that
> invokes the getDomainInfo() function in the example program info1.c (given
> with the distribution).
>
> While trying to execute the Java wrapper that invokes this C function, I
> encounter this error:
>
> Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-deps.c: 559: _dl_map_object_deps:
> Assertion`map->l_searchlist.r_list[0] == map' failed!
>
> I suspect this is due to some missing library that libvirt depends on. As
> part of the JNI code compilation, I'm supposed to create a shared library
> that includes all the dependent libraries. Currently, I'm using this command
> line to do that:
>
> ld -shared -f /usr/local/lib/libvirt.so -lxenstore -lpthread -lz
> LibvirtWrapper.o -o libjava-libvirt.so
>
> Here, I assume that libvirt.so and libxenstore are the only dependencies.
> Can someone tell me if I'm missing some other library in the above command
> line?

  Okay, as pointed out, there is a bug internal to the libc loader and that
should be reported appropriately.
  I note however that your list seems to miss the libxml2 library dependancy
try to add -lxml2 to the linking phase.

  Providing binding for Java makes sense, I don't know how hard it is nowadays,
I didn't do C <-> Java bindings for nearly a decade :-) , maybe it's time
I look at this again.