[Libvir] Patch to attach/detach virtual devices on a running domain

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Tue Nov 14 17:34:30 UTC 2006

On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 05:31:44PM +0100, michel.ponceau at bull.net wrote:
> About your comments on virDomainXMLDevID() added in xml.c :
>   4/ For disks, it gets the target dev attribute, attached to a source
> either physical (if <disk type='block'>, <source dev=...>) or file (if
> <disk type='file'>, <source file=...>). Do you mean that it does not work
> in second case?

  oh... maybe I misread, if that work, fine :-) ! I did only a source review.

>   5/ In current xml.c (Libvirt-0.1.8), xs_directory() is directly accessed
> from virDomainGetXMLDevices() and virDomainGetXMLInterfaces(), xs_read() is directly accessed from virDomainGetXMLDeviceInfo(). Is this
> to be also changed, and "#include <xs.h>" removed from xml.c?

  Yeah, basically only xs_internal should access xs.h entry points directly.
And if possible that part of the code doing a lookup in the xenstore database
should be isolated as a well defined function exported from xs_internal.[ch] .