[Libvir] Semantics for ListDomains/ ListDefinedDomains

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Sun Sep 3 16:57:28 UTC 2006

On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 10:06:29AM -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:

>   Okay, there is a a first version in CVS under libvirt/src/conf.[ch]
> It allows only variable assignments and comments, the types supported
> are the [] lists, integers and strings. Still that should be sufficient
> to handled  most data oriented existing Python Xen configurations.

I tested it against 30 or so configuration files I've accumulated on my
Xen test systems and there were only two tiny adjustments I needed to make.
First I extended it to allow '_' in names, eg to handle

  on_reboot = 'restart'

Then I relaxed the list parser to allow a trailing ',' at the end of a
list, eg

  bar = [ "foo", ]

Since it looks like xenguest-install had auto-generated a huge number of
my config files with trailing ',' in the list of disks / NICs. With those
two changes it parses all my example config files perfectly :-) I'm half
way through adding support for passsive domains using this config file
parser & its looking very promising!

Regards,
Dan.