[Libvir] gettext i18n support for libvirt

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Wed Sep 20 20:10:01 UTC 2006

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 08:05:29PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 07:48:11PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> > Attached is an updated version of my previous patch to add gettext support
> > to libvirt. It should be pretty self-explanatory - basically wrapping all
> > strings with _(..) or gettext_noop(...)  where appropriate. I also took
> > the opportunity to make some of the messages more consistent with each
> > other.
>
> Opps, used old skool diff format. Re-attaching as a unified diff this time...

  That's big, but that's needed, so ... I'm wondering about 2 things:
    - shouldn't this also affect the spec file ?
      I didn't noticed anything in the patch for libvirt.spec.in while I
      expected something :-)
    - can libvirt and virsh localizations be in separate catalogs ?
      somehow it feel like they should be distinct so that apps using
      libvirt don't have to load virsh strings too, but 1/ this may be
      nitpicking 2/ this may be already the case but I didn't spot it
      in the virsh.c patch

  thanks :-)