[Libvir] Re: virDomainDestroy not synchronous?

Anthony Liguori aliguori at us.ibm.com
Wed Sep 27 18:54:53 UTC 2006

Destroy is neither synchronous nor guaranteed.  It's a request to the
hypervisor that isn't completed until all of the memory is completely
unmapped by any other domain that may be mapping it.

If you want to be really robust, you shouldn't assume that the domain is
actually destroyed after doing a destroy.  The race conditions, in
practice, are usually very small but they are still there.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori