[Libvir] [Q] about virsh-connect

S.Sakamoto fj0588di at aa.jp.fujitsu.com
Thu Apr 12 13:54:05 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have a question.

 Previously(libvirt 0.2.1) We can do remote connection via URI successfully..
(virsh --connect http://127.0.0.1:8000 list)
But Current version(libvirt-current) cannot connect remotely.
This event occurs in both general user and administrator.

I investigate the code and found folloing code is included (see line 94)

If "name" is not "xen", decline connection.
("# virsh --help connect" is output with "<name> hypervisor connection URI")

Is this change intentionally?

 xen_unified.c
 84| static int
 85| xenUnifiedOpen (virConnectPtr conn, const char *name, int flags)
 86| {
 87|     int i, j;
 88|     xenUnifiedPrivatePtr priv;
 89|
 90|     /* If name == NULL, name == "", or begins with "xen", then it's for us. /
 91|     if (!name || name[0] == '\0')
 92|         name = "xen";
 93|     if (strncasecmp (name, "xen", 3) != 0)
 94|         return VIR_DRV_OPEN_DECLINED;

Thanks,
Shigeki Sakamoto.