[Libvir] Difference between API functions virConnectNumOfDefinedDomains and virConnectNumOfDomains

Jan Michael Jan.Michael at cern.ch
Mon Apr 30 07:38:36 UTC 2007

Hello libvirt fellows,

I have some problems to distinguish between those function calls in libvirt
API:

> virConnectNumOfDefinedDomains
> virConnectNumOfDomains

The API description states on both function that they will return me the
number of active domain.
Am I right if I assume that the first function virConnectNumOfDefinedDomains
returns me all defined, but necessarily not running domains, and the second
one only running and therefore active domains?

Can you please help me and clarify this?
Didn't had the chance to test this so far. But I will do so asap. Maybe the
API documentation has to be updated in this point.

Cheers,

	Jan