[Libvir] ANNOUNCE: Virt-top - a top-like utility for displaying virtualization stats

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Aug 7 10:00:03 UTC 2007

Jan Michael wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> On 07.08.2007, at 10:40, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>> That's a really strange error.  I just downloaded and compiled 0.3.1
>> here with no problem, so it may be something to do with the version of
>> gnutls you are using.
>
> I have installed these rpm packages:
>
>     gnutls-devel-1.0.20-3.2.3
>     gnutls-1.0.20-3.2.3
>
> In consideration of the version Daniel is using, these ones are fairly
> old, but the latest available for my distribution (Scientific Linux)
>
>> Can you send me the complete output of ./configure and make please.
>
> Sure! Please find them attached to this mail.

The error was slightly more than you showed in the first email:

remote_internal.c:63: error: syntax error before "gnutls_session_t"
remote_internal.c:63: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
[etc]

It turns out that your version of gnutls (1.0.20) didn't have
gnutls_session_t, seems it was called gnutls_session_int instead.  I'm
going to add some tests to our configure script to detect ancient
versions of gnutls and refuse to compile.  If you can upgrade to a more
recent version, please do.

Rich.