[Libvir] Proposal: Block device and network stats

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Aug 10 12:59:34 UTC 2007

It was suggested to me that we should provide a way to return bytes read
and written on block devices (not just requests).  Xen doesn't support
that however, so I have also changed the fields in this structure so
that they can be returned set to -1 to indicate "no data / not supported".

The updated stats structures are shown below.

Rich.

/* Block device stats for virDomainBlockStats.
  *
  * Hypervisors may return a field set to (int64_t)-1 which indicates
  * that the hypervisor does not support that statistic.
  */
struct _virDomainBlockStats {
   int64_t rd_req;
   int64_t rd_bytes;
   int64_t wr_req;
   int64_t wr_byes;
   int64_t errs;   // In Xen this returns the mysterious 'oo_req'.
};
typedef struct _virDomainBlockStats *virDomainBlockStatsPtr;

/* Network interface stats for virDomainInterfaceStats.
  *
  * Hypervisors may return a field set to (int64_t)-1 which indicates
  * that the hypervisor does not support that statistic.
  */
struct _virDomainInterfaceStats {
   int64_t rx_bytes;
   int64_t rx_packets;
   int64_t rx_errs;
   int64_t rx_drop;
   int64_t tx_bytes;
   int64_t tx_packets;
   int64_t tx_errs;
   int64_t tx_drop;
};
typedef struct _virDomainInterfaceStats *virDomainInterfaceStatsPtr;