[Libvir] Set memory (decrease) from Virt Manager

Bruce Evans Bruce.Evans at Sun.COM
Sat Aug 18 23:05:42 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am trying to lower the amount of memory for a Domain
using the Virt manager.

I am denied from doing this if I want to decrease the memory
below 50MB, even though I can do it
from virsh.  There appears to be a low end limit of
50MB in the Virt Manager.

If the current memory allocation is greater than 50MB, I can
decrease the amount from Virt Manager, but can't go under 50MB.

But if I use virsh, I can decrease the memory to, say, 13000KB
and it works.  The Virt Manger will show this new amount but will
only enable the 'increase' icon in the 'Change Allocation option box.
The 'decrease' icon is disabled.

Is this a bug in Virt Manager?  If not, why can't the memory
be decreased below 50MB?

Thanks,
-Bruce
Sun Microsystems