[Libvir] question about --quiet option

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Aug 20 12:19:43 UTC 2007

Atsushi SAKAI wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question about virsh --quiet specification.
> It seems virsh --quiet option
> supress virsh interactive mode boot-message and
> vshPrintExtra only.(not includes vshPrint)
>
> This is supposed specification.

I don't know if there is a "specification" as such for the --quiet
option, beyond just looking at what the code does.

At the moment, that "specification" is that --quiet supresses:

1. "Welcome to virsh ..." message at start up,
2. list headings printed by the 'virsh list' and 'virsh net-list'
commands, and
3. a single error message in 'virsh console' (apparently random / a
mistake).

That's all.

Rich.