[Libvir] libvirt on Windows

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Fri Aug 31 08:36:39 UTC 2007

On Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 03:17:35PM -0700, Ronald Long wrote:

>    I  am  trying  to talk to a 4.0.1 Xen Hypervisor (not Xen underneath a
>    Linux Distro)  (via Python) from a Windows box.
>    (Am  able  to  successfully  connect and communicate using the Xen API
>    Python bindings).

  Hum, libvirt and Xen API are two different stacks (as far as I know),
so I'm not sure how this relates.

>    Looks  like at the very least I need to build libvirtmon.la from the c
>    sources.
>    Am  I just dealing with "beginneritis", or trying to do something (run
>    from Windows) that
>    hasn't been done before?

  Libvirt hasn't been ported to Windows so far, though I would really encourage
people who are interested to look at it. I have tried to avoid code which would
really be a problem, but the dependancy stack may not be trivial. In any case
if there are interested people, I welcome patches (but let's discuss it here
first !).