[Libvir] using gnulib: starting with the physmem and getaddrinfo modules

Jim Meyering jim at meyering.net
Wed Dec 5 10:30:57 UTC 2007

"Richard W.M. Jones" <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:
>> -EXTRA_DIST = compiler-flags.m4
>
> Does this mean that compiler-flags.m4 is no longer going into the
> tarball?  Shouldn't it?

Hi Rich,

It's fine to remove that, because all .m4 files that are used are
included automatically.  FYI, I did ensure that "make distcheck"
passed before posting that patch :-)

>> -libvirtd_LDADD = ../src/libvirt.la
>> +libvirtd_LDADD = ../src/libvirt.la ../lib/libgnu.la
>
> Shouldn't we be using LIBOBJS (automake feature) here?  I kind of
> thought this was how gnulib worked, and it was what I used for the
> previous getaddrinfo implementation.

You shouldn't modify LIBOBJS directly.  Normally, you put source (e.g.,
*.[ch]) names in SOURCES or program_name_SOURCES and automake
automatically derives $(LIBOBJS) based on that.

For library names, you should use LDADD or library_name_LDADD.

>> +#include "getaddrinfo.h"
>
> This include doesn't need to be conditional?

No.  The getaddrinfo module includes both getaddrinfo.c and getaddrinfo.h.

> I checked the rest of the patch, and it's fine.  Unfortunately since I
> reinstalled Windows (for like, the 3rd time) yesterday I can't test it
> there yet, but will do later.

Thanks for the review.