[Libvir] Latest MinGW patch

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Dec 6 12:08:50 UTC 2007

I should have added, opinions welcome on the following issues in particular:

* MSYS lacks gettext support.  What I'm doing at the moment is to test
for <libintl.h> and there's a bunch of conditional code like this:

+#ifdef HAVE_LIBINTL_H
  #define _(str) dgettext(GETTEXT_PACKAGE, (str))
  #define N_(str) dgettext(GETTEXT_PACKAGE, (str))
+#else
+#define _(str) (str)
+#define N_(str) (str)
+#endif

and this:

+#ifdef HAVE_LIBINTL_H
      if (!bindtextdomain(GETTEXT_PACKAGE, LOCALEBASEDIR))
          return (-1);
+#endif

What's the right way to solve the above?

* What should virNodeInfo return in the 'model' field if there is no
easy way to get the architecture.  As it stands I return a zero-length
string.

* proxy_internal is now disabled if configured --without-xen.  I _think_
this is the right thing to do, by the argument that the Xen proxy driver
will only communicate with a local Xen proxy daemon, but there can be no
such daemon on Windows.

* Can someone suggest a Windows ONCRPC implementation which works well
under MSYS?  The one I'm using is problematic (if necessary I'll just
revert to the Cygwin implementation and make that compile under MSYS,
but if someone can suggest one which already works, then that'll save me
time).

Rich.