[Libvir] 3/22 cvsignore files for gnulib/ subhierarchy

Jim Meyering jim at meyering.net
Fri Dec 7 14:01:52 UTC 2007

"Richard W.M. Jones" <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:

> Jim Meyering wrote:
>>   (cd gnulib/lib &&
>>    (cat .cvsignore; \
>>     ls -1 *.in.h|sed 's/\.in\.h/.h/') | sort -u > .t; mv .t .cvsignore)
>
> So this snippet isn't quite right because for a subdirectory the .in.h
> file might be called something like 'sys_stat.in.h' which is
> transformed into 'sys/stat.h'.  I've added the right .cvsignore files
> by hand.
>
> I've also removed the *.c ignores above, not sure how they got in
> there because I certainly didn't add them myself.

Most projects that use gnulib do *not* version control the sources,
so for them it's required to ignore everything.  So gnulib-tool
adds those *.c names to .cvsignore files.

Since libvirt is at least the second project that is adamant about
version-controlling gnulib-tool-pulled sources, I plan to add an
option to gnulib-tool to make it's .cvsignore-writing behavior
do what libvirt wants.