[Libvir] 18/22 Misc headers

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Fri Dec 7 14:14:04 UTC 2007

On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 11:43:46AM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> Miscellaneous changes to headers.  The important one is that if
> <winsock2.h> is available then that replaces all of the usual socket-
> and network database-related headers (which are not available in
> Windows).  Thus you end up with code like this:
>
> #ifndef HAVE_WINSOCK2_H
> #include <sys/socket.h>
> #include <netdb.h>
> #include <netinet/in.h>
> #else
> #include <winsock2.h>
> #endif

  I looked quickly how it's dome in libxml2, there we use _WINSOCKAPI_
as the define to select the Windows networking API (apparently a
standard define of Microsoft) and we have a wsockcompat.h which
does some remapping of the BSD interfaces onto winsock.h/winsock2.h .
Lets keep things simple as you did with gnulib and if people want to
compile on the various MS compilers, well we take patches :-)