[Libvir] C bindings

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Dec 11 12:47:34 UTC 2007

Katti, Vadiraj (STSD-Openview) wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> DOMFLAGS_DYING is available in dom0_ops.h
>
> # find /usr/include -name '*.h' | xargs grep DOMFLAGS_DYING
> /usr/include/xen/dom0_ops.h:#define DOMFLAGS_DYING     (1<<0) /* Domain
> is scheduled to die.             */

I'm pretty certain this is a bug in libvirt, introduced by this patch:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2007-April/msg00078.html

I think Dan's probably the best one to tell us what's going on here, but
from my understanding the patch above is wrong and should have instead
added this:

#ifndef DOMFLAGS_HVM
#define DOMFLAGS_HVM (1<<1)
#endif

//...

#ifdef DOMFLAGS_HVM
domain_flags &= ~DOMFLAGS_HVM; /* Mask out HVM flags */
#endif

> The versions of xen I'm running are :
> # rpm -qa |grep -i xen
> xen-3.0.4_13138-0.40
> xen-doc-html-3.0.4_13138-0.40
> xen-devel-3.0_8259-0.1
> xen-libs-3.0.4_13138-0.40
> kernel-xen-2.6.16.46-0.12
> xen-tools-ioemu-3.0.4_13138-0.40
> xen-doc-pdf-3.0.4_13138-0.40
> xen-tools-3.0.4_13138-0.40
>
>  xenstored and xend both of them are running.
>  # ps -ef|grep xenstored
> root     32458     1  0 09:36 ?        00:00:00 xenstored --pid-file
> /var/run/xenstore.pid
> Now info1 fails with the following error
> # ./info1
> failed to find libvirt_proxy
> Domains 0: 4 CPUs
> This was error I had encountered earlier, which is why I wanted to know
> what libvirt_proxy does.

I think if the Xen driver can be correctly built then you won't need the
proxy.

Rich.