[Libvir] Preliminary patch to support remote driver / libvirtd

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Thu Feb 1 17:02:08 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 15:25 +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

>   * Remote URLs contain either a server name or a remote transport
>   * name.  For example: "qemud://server.example.com/system" contains
>   * a server name (server.example.com), and "qemud+unix:///system"
>   * contains a transport (unix).  Commonly remote URLs contain
>   * both, for example: "qemud+tls://server.example.com/system"
>   * (transport tls, server name server.example.com).

	This makes my head hurt a bit, I think I prefer the libvirt:// even if
it means encoding URIs in URIs.

	i.e. I would expect to connect to e.g. qemud:// and xend:// URIs to
using the same protocol whether the URI is local or remote.

	I don't know, it's not something I really care about ... but I'd find
it strange if qemud+tls://foo.bar.com/system means "access
qemud:///system via a libvirt proxy" ...

	I'm pretty sure I've seen old man DV flame people to kingdom come and
back about abusing URIs so, I guess if DV is happy, it can't be too
bad :-))

Cheers,
Mark.