[Libvir] Autostarting guests and networks

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Feb 19 16:12:01 UTC 2007

Hugh Brock wrote:
> A case just came up on Fedora-Xen where someone wanted to ensure that
> one particular domU started before the others. Made me think that we
> ought to include some well defined way to order the domains we want to
> autostart. Maybe a sysV init-style thing since we're talking about
> putting autostart configs in a directory...

Do you mean waiting for a domain to start completely before starting the
next one?  That sounds hard.

On the other hand, in vanilla Xen it's simple just to order the files in
/etc/xen/auto/ alphabetically, and the domains will start in the same
order (or at least they did in 3.0.2):

$ ls -1 /etc/xen/auto/
00-nfs
10-database
20-ftp
20-mail
20-web
30-bid
30-stats
40-blog
70-dev
80-aigars
80-dpress
80-gallery
80-jlo

Rich.

--
Emerging Technologies, Red Hat  http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/
64 Baker Street, London, W1U 7DF     Mobile: +44 7866 314 421