[Libvir] [patch 3/9] Re-factor chunks of qemuds config handling

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu Feb 22 19:21:21 UTC 2007

On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 11:04:37AM +0000, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> The easiest way to explain where I'm coming from with
> this patch is to look at the current qemudLoadConfigXML().
>
> It's used in three places:

>      want to check whether the name matches the filename
>      before doing (b)
>
>   2) Create() - you want (a) and (b)
>
>   3) Define() - you want (a), (b) and (c)
>
> So, mostly I'm just splitting the function into three
> and making the logic above much more obvious. It should
> also make some of the autostart code much more
> straightforward.

Hard to tell from the raw patch exactly how it fits together, but the
principles of the patch all sound good to me - centralizing alot of
the pointer munging into one place & generally tidying stuff up.

BTW, your mailer alias for this list is wrong - its generating a bogus
reply to against

   libvirt hacker dudes <libvirt-list at redhat.com>

Instead of

   libvirt hacker dudes <libvir-list at redhat.com>

Note, the extra 't' in the former - which makes replying to your mails a
little error prone - several went to dev null...

Dan