[Libvir] [patch 5/9] Add autostart support to virsh

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu Feb 22 19:26:24 UTC 2007

On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 11:04:53AM +0000, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Add "autostart" and "net-autostart" commands
>
> Also, cleanup the "list" and "net-list" commands a bit
> and add autostart info to them

I'm wondering whether we need to think about compatability for the virsh
commands. We've previously discussed issues around output format stability
but never really came up against the issue until now. My concern would be
someone grok'ing the 'virsh list' output and now suddenly getting an extra
data item at the end of the line.

I think it's probably sufficient to just add the autostart flag display
to the 'virsh dominfo' command, and not the 'list' command - its not the
kind of data you need to see all that often, so I think we could leave
it out of the 'list' command. If we were to extend the output of 'list'
I reckon I'd prioritise 'memory' and 'vcpu count' above autostart.

Regards,
Dan.