[Libvir] Linker dependancoes [Re: [kvm-devel] QEMU / KVM support in libvirt & virt-manager]

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Mon Feb 26 07:39:09 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-02-25 at 20:48 +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> See this thread on kvm-devel for a question about link time dependancies
> in libvirt. I'm not sure what the optimal approach is for us to deal with
> this is - just something we should think about in an idle moment...

	The driver API makes this really easy for us - would just need an init
function (or list of functions) in each driver module which would just
call back into virRegister[Network]Driver()

	(Of course, we'd still keep the driver API private and only allow
driver modules from libvirt itself.)

Cheers,
Mark.