[Libvir] Patch: driver->open functions return declined or error status

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Feb 28 17:05:17 UTC 2007

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 04:18:45PM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

> I want to change the driver->open function so that as well as declining
> a name (returning -1 as now), it may also indicate that it accepts the
> name, but there is an error opening the name (-2).  virConnectOpen fails
> in this second case, rather than going on and trying the next driver in
> sequence.

This is all sane - I've certainly seen some really odd problems before
from not being able to detect the difference between an operation not
being supported, vs supported but failed. When we merge the Xen drivers
into one those will go away, and thus addresses the open() case, so
I'll commit it unless anyone objects.

Regards,
Dan