[Libvir] Patch: include <locale.h> for setlocale

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Feb 28 17:17:33 UTC 2007

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 04:14:30PM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> Very trivial, but useful for me because I'm trying to debug the remote
> stuff without -O, and without -O it turns out that libvirt doesn't compile.

Wow, very wierd - it appears that there is some GLibC magic at work
here. If you have  optmization turned on, then the libintl.h file
will automatically pull in locale.h, hence why we've not seen this
bug before.  Incidentally this reminds me that the handling of
CFLAGS in configure.ac is fubar - we're hardcoding the compiler flags
including optimization level. So in the RPM builds we're forcing it
to -O instead of honouring the $RPM_BUILD_OPTS which would normally
turned on -O2, as well as the fortify source related security checks.

Dan.