[Libvir] Bug in the virDomainGetInfo() API of libvirt 0.1.9 with Xen 3.0.3

Philippe Berthault Philippe.Berthault at Bull.net
Fri Jan 12 14:04:57 UTC 2007

Daniel Veillard a écrit :
>   I think Xen just returns -1 when the field is uninitialized, probably
> meaning 'all physical memory'. Once you use "xm mem-max 0 ..." then it
> consider the Dom0 domain constrained, but not before. And since there
> are machine where it's possible to hot plug new memory this is a way to
> not poll the current physical memory, a bit weird but that can be understood.

The signed value -1, "casted" in C/C++ in unsigned integer, gives the
value 4294967295. The Max memory value returned by virsh is 4294967292.
There is a small difference (3), so the value returned by Xen can't be -1.