[Libvir] Bug in the virDomainGetInfo() API of libvirt 0.1.9 with Xen 3.0.3

Philippe Berthault Philippe.Berthault at Bull.net
Fri Jan 12 13:42:13 UTC 2007

Daniel P. Berrange a écrit :
> On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 11:47:16AM +0100, Philippe Berthault wrote:
>
>> The maxMem field of the virDomainInfo structure is given in bytes
>> instead of Kbytes when the domain is 0 (Domain-0). With others domains,
>> the value of maxMem is correct.
>>
>> Exemple with virsh:
>>  On a system with 4 GB memory, virsh reports:
>>  # virsh dominfo 0
>>  Max memory: 4294967292 kB
>>
>> With the same libvirt version 0.1.9 but with an older Xen (not 3.0.3),
>> the maxMem value of Domain-0 is correct.
>>

> This sounds like a bug in Xen, rather than a bug in libvirt - we don't
> have any special handling for Domain-0 - we're just passing back through
> whatever data we get from Xen.
>
> Dan.

This problem seems to be caused by a missing initialization (in Xen or
libvirt ? to be determined) because after setting the system memory size
by using the "xm mem-max" command on Domain-0, the Max memory value
returned by virsh is correct and reflect the value passed to the xm command.

This problem of incoherent maxMem value on Domain-0 has been detected
after a system reboot.