[Libvir] Next features and target for development

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Tue Jul 10 15:49:18 UTC 2007

  Hi all,

now that 0.3.0 is out, it's probably time to build the next set of
features we aims at developping in the next months, the list I have
currently is short, but still significant:

  - migration API: now that we have remote support it should be
       possible to build an API for migration of domains between
       2 connections. Could be as simple as
        int virDomainMigrate(virDomainPtr domain, virConnectPtr to, int flags);
       sounds like a fun and very useful part.

  - USB support: we discussed that already, but the initial patch did
       not match the XML format suggestions we should try to resurrect this
        http://libvirt.org/search.php?query=USB&scope=LISTS
        http://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2007-March/thread.html#00118

  - Support for Xen-API new entry points at least for localhost access
    since we have remote support now

  - platform support: resolve the PPC64 issues

  - more engine support: OpenVZ is on the work, is there interest in
      lguest, UML or for example Solaris zones ?

Now is a good time to suggest new potential directions, and I certainly forgot
some obvious points, so what did I missed ?