[Libvir] Re: XM config <-> XML config

Arik Raffael Funke arik at funke.eu
Thu Jul 19 00:11:09 UTC 2007

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
>> I read that libvirt can convert XM <-> XML and though I could export my
>> current config to XM format, edit it and reimport. How is is done with
>> libvirt?
>
> To dump XML use
>
>   virsh dumpxml [id|name|uuid] > [xmlfile]
>
> To reload it then use
>
>   virsh define [xmlfile]

Ok. That part I knew already. But does libvirt not also allow to convert
the created xml configuration file to a XM configuration file? I.e. the
type of config file that was traditionally used? At least in that I
could define the pci delegation and start a virtual machine from it...

I would just like to sort of "export" my current configuration from
virt-manager.

> Its not going to help much I'm afraid since we don't support PCI device
> delegation currently.

Thanks. Maybe I can get around it by simply not exporting back to xml
but working with the xm config file.

Cheers,
Arik