[Libvir] [RFC]OpenVZ XML def

Shuveb Hussain shuveb at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 08:36:08 UTC 2007

Hi Daniel,

>   Oh at the C level, definitely ! The python layer is really only a language
> binding wrapper and should remain that way ! Even if we fork as a new process
> the python side of libvirt is packaged separately, and really the core should
> be written in C, this would also allow to merge back your code in the existing
> daemon code if needed.

I understand the Python bindings part. I was wondering if the daemon
itself could be written in Python, since I have to deal with a lot of
text parsing from the OpenVZ utils. The LibVirt part that will talk to
the daemon over the proxy/pipe code will anyways have to be C.

Shuveb Hussain.
When you lose, be patient. When you achieve, be even more patient.
EasyVZ: http://easyvz.sourceforge.net
Blog: http://binarykarma.org