[Libvir] PATCH: Support input devices in XML format

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Jul 18 21:49:48 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 07:20:36AM -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 07:51:13PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 02:03:12AM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> > > This patch is the first step towards supporting USB devices in libvirt
> > > XML format. As per the original thread some months back[1], I'm the
> > > grouping is being done based on device classes, rather than bus types.
> > > So this first patch is actually introducing the concept of 'input'
> > > devices. This is best illustrated by examples
> >
> > My first patch forgot to actually pass the neccessary -usbdevice arguments
> > to QEMU ! Attaching a revised version which fixes this.
> >
> > I've also now got test code for validating QEMU parsing. I'm not attaching
> > that since its basically just huge quantities of sample XML data and files
> > with corresponding argv for QEMU, so not really interesting to review.
>
>   Looks great to me !

This is now committed. I've not changed the strcmp/STREQ stuff yet. There's a
fair few of them in existing code, so rather than just change the ones
in my patch I'll prepare a separate patch to adapt them all.

>   and nice test suite. I think the only think I should add is extend the
> rng description based on the doc update after you commit this :-)

The test suite is added now too. Took our line coverage from 20 -> 25%
and our code branch test coverage from 25 -> 35%. Still plenty more
scope for writing more tests here.....

Dan.