[Libvir] PATCH 0/3: Refactor QEMU daemon

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Sun Jun 17 22:06:51 UTC 2007

On Sun, Jun 17, 2007 at 10:48:17PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> The 3 patches which follow are work-in-progress to re-factor the QEMU
> daemon / driver to eventually adhere to the main libvirt internal driver
> API. Once this work is complete, there will only need to be a single
> daemon running which can provide both remote & QEMU capabilities at once
> with no QEMU specific code in it.
>
> This is following some of the ideas I set out here
>
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2007-May/msg00083.html

Following on from the 3 patches I've just sent out, I anticipate a handful
of further patches over the next few days todo the following

 - Split the qemud_server struct into two structs

        - qemud_server to only contain data about client/server sockets
        - qemud_manager to only contain data about VMs & networks

   The conf.c, and driver.c files will need updating to deal with this

 - Re-implement qemudReportError  in terms of virError APIs

 - Change contract of all public methods in qemud/driver.c to match that needed
   by the libvirt src/driver.h API.

 - Move the QEMU related code into src/ dir. This will consist of

      iptables.c/.h
      bridge.c/.h
      driver.c/.h
      conf.c/.h

 - Remove the legacy QEMU protocol by deleting

       qemud/protocol.*
       src/qemud_internal.*

At this time, the daemon will be totally generic.

BTW, I'm maintaining this series of patches as a patch queue, with the intent
that we have fully-working code at every step of the re-factoring process,
though at some intermediate stages I'll be doing some horrific things with
the build process ;-)

Dan.