[Libvir] PATCH 15/20: remove use of libsysfs in bridge code

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Jun 22 02:12:11 UTC 2007

The current code for setting up bridges in virtual networks links against
the libsysfs library. This is use to get/set the spanning-tree-protocol and
forward-delay parameters on the bridge device. None of the four methods
using libsysfs are ever called though. The fact that the setters are not
called during network start is a bug. There is no need for getters at all
since we have the config in memory all the time. The libsysfs is also not
exactly an ABI stable library - we're unable to compile libvirt on FC5
for example because of this.  This patch changes the bridge code to just
invoke the brctl command directly which is much more portable & avoids
the need for us to link libvirt.so against libsysfs.so It also fixes the
network creation process to actually set STP & forward-delay parameters
if specified.

 configure.in      |   16 --
 libvirt.spec.in   |    4
 qemud/Makefile.am |    2