[Libvir] PATCH 12/20: create a internal driver API for events

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Fri Jun 22 12:54:27 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jun 22, 2007 at 03:02:52AM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> This patch provides an internal driver API to let drivers register event
> callbacks. It also provides a way for an application using libvirt to
> provide specific event loop implementations for dealing with these callbacks.
> Currently this is internal only - no new exported symbols except for a
> private symbol  __virEventRegisterImpl intended for use by the libvirt
> daemon only.

  Okay so this is actually extracting code around select() (that could
use poll too) to abstract processing if the event look, both for timers
and file descriptor events availability. I'm not sure yet this is the
kind of API we would need to export in libvirt, I consider this more
an internal refactoring at that point,

  +1