[Libvir] PATCH 18/20: rename the daemon

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Fri Jun 22 13:31:51 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jun 22, 2007 at 03:20:16AM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> This patch renames the daemon from libvirt_qemud to libvirtd and fixes the
> specfile and init script to take account
>
>  libvirt.spec.in        |    2 +-
>  qemud/Makefile.am      |   12 ++++++------
>  qemud/libvirtd.init.in |    4 ++--

  +1
I'm just wondering about the upgrade sequence, say you have libvirt-0.2.3
running with libvirt_qemud running, you upgrade the rpm, the %post might do
a restart but the process name has changed. Will the .pid file save us
there or will we need to add a release note specific to this when issuing
0.3.0 ? (there is probably enough changed to increas the minor there.