[Libvir] Add scheduler patch?

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Mon Jun 4 08:54:34 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 05:17:56PM +0900, Atsushi SAKAI wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any plan to apply scheduler controller patch?
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2007-May/msg00291.html
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2007-May/msg00295.html

  In theory, yes. I'm not enthusiastic about the new APIs but considering
that there is no unity in the various existing schedulers, we have to make
an API which stay open like this and will be able to evolve to future needs.
  I read the patch quickly, and I need to do a more thorough review before
applying it. I would feel better too if the case XEN_SCHEDULER_SEDF wasn't
just made of TODOs "/* TODO: Implement for Xen/SEDF */" in most places,
I'm afraid that since it's the old scheduler you have little interest in
implementing those, and it's likely nobody else will so applying the patch
means adding TODOs to the code nearly forever.

  So in practice I nedd to make a second pass on it, and if you could
provide a separate patch cleaning up the Xen/SEDF in the meantime that
would be perfect :-)

   thanks,