[Libvir] PATCH: Process QEMU monitor at startup

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Mon Mar 5 15:35:06 UTC 2007

On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 02:18:20PM +0000, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hi Dan,
> 	On the topic of error reporting, I just noticed that without QEMU
> installed you just get:
>
>   libvirt.libvirtError: virDomainCreateLinux() failed
>
> 	(Haven't looked into it myself)

There is an 'XXX' in the method which turns the QEMU command name into the
full pathname to exec. It needs to actually look for it in $PATH instead
of using /usr, and it once its doing that, the method can actually return
NULL and thus we can provide a  useful message that QEMU is not installed.
Shouldn't be much work to fix it - I'll look at it later until you beat
me to it

Regards,
Dan.