[Libvir] Error when paravirtualization domain starts with virsh.

Michel Gauthier Michel.Gauthier at bull.net
Tue Mar 6 14:25:53 UTC 2007

Hi,
I confirm it's a Xen bug. I can reproduce the problem with a regular Xen
config file.
The file is as follow:

[root at diane-int6 xen]# cat xen1
kernel = "/boot/efi/efi/redhat/vmlinuz-2.6.18-8.el5xen"
ramdisk = "/boot/efi/efi/redhat/initrd-2.6.18-8.el5xenU.img"
maxmem = 512
memory = 431
name = "xen1"
cpus = "0-2,4,^1"
vcpus = 2
vif = [ '' ]
disk = [ 'phy:/dev/sda4,hda1,w' ]
root = "/dev/hda1 ro"
extra = "console=tty0 nomca 3 ide0=noprobe ide1=noprobe ide2=noprobe
ide3=noprobe"

[root at diane-int6 xen]# xm create xen1
Using config file "./xen1".
Xend has probably crashed!  Invalid or missing HTTP status code.

[root at diane-int6 xen]# xm list
Name                                      ID Mem(MiB) VCPUs State   Time(s)
Domain-0                                   0     1008     1 r-----    123.5
Domain-2                                   2      431     1 --p---      0.0
[root at diane-int6 xen]#

A domain named Domain-2 is created instead of xen1.
The Xend log shows that Xend died due to signal 11 and then is restarted.

Regards.