[Libvir] [RFC] Check host's minimum memory.

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Wed Mar 7 11:43:14 UTC 2007

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 02:40:24PM +0900, Masayuki Sunou wrote:
> Hi
>
> The minimum value of the memory guarded with virsh setmem is 4096KB(4MB).
> In general, when host's memory is set to 4MB, the host stops.
>
> Therefore, I propose the patch to which host's minimum value of the memory
> is guarded by 256MB.

  I have run guests in 64MB of memory, so 256 as an arbitrary limit sounds
way too high to me. There is some places in libvirt code where 64 is the limit
(e.g. xend_parse_sexp_desc() if ((cur_mem > 63) && (cur_mem != max_mem)) ...)
so if we set a limit here too that should be homogenized (using a constant
in internal.h preferably).