[Libvir] Stable UUID needed for default network

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Mar 9 03:32:54 UTC 2007

The UUID for the default network is not included in the example default
config. So every time you restart the libvirt_qemud we get a randomly
generated UUID. This isn't really in keeping with the idea of having a
permanent UID :-) So I think we need to do two things:

 - In the 'make install' routine - if-and-only-if the
       $prefix/etc/libvirt/networks/default.xml

   file was newly installed, then stuff a random UUID into it, eg

     UUID=`uuidgen`
           $prefix/etc/libvirt/networks/default.xml

  If the system doesn't have uuidgen, we can just ignore this step

 - In the RPM %post section we need to stuff in a UUID at install time
   if-and-only-if this is a new install - ie leave it alone during upgrades

      UUID=`uuidgen`
          %(sysconfdir)/libvirt/networks/default.xml

Dan.