parted/LVM for ET [Re: [Libvir] Storage manager initial requirements and thoughts

David Edmondson dme at sun.com
Thu Mar 22 11:47:40 UTC 2007

On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 11:22:21AM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> Secondly there is an API of sorts for lvm2.  I think Alasdair called it
> "libcmd", but maybe I got that wrong because Google doesn't seem to turn
> up anything.  In any case, all it is is a wrapper around the command
> line tools, so it seems doubtful that this is going to be any better
> than just invoking the command line tools ourselves.

If there is some longer-term commitment to the C API then it might be
simpler to start using it now, even if it currently just uses the
commands.

Pushing the parsing of command output into one place sounds like a
good idea, especially if it will eventually go away (the parsing of
command output, that is).

dme.