[Libvir] Unified Xen patch (first complete version)

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Mar 30 13:10:20 UTC 2007

On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 01:48:14PM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> This is the second version of the unified Xen patch, and the first
> completed version.  It fixes a lot of broken things from the earlier
> version.  However the patch needs a lot more testing before it could be
> considered for inclusion.
>
> Indeed, suggestions for how to test this would be welcome.  I'm
> following up places where 'make check' is failing with this patch:
> hopefully none of them will be serious.  But I wonder how much coverage
> 'make check' gives me.

Not really very much of the driver API itself yet. At most we're testing
operation of the 'test' driver for 15 or so virsh commands. We don't have
coverage of the Xen drivers really because that's more of a functional
or integration test than unit test & thus impossible to add to regular
make check in any way that would be reliable for all developers. The core
part of the test suite is coveraging the XML <-> SEXPR  conversions and
the XML <-> /etc/xen config files, and the capabilities stuff.

We could probably do with adding a separate 'make xencheck' which does
a formal integration test against a running Xen HV instance from a known
starting point.

Regards.
Dan.