[Libvir] Inconsistent networking between Xen & QEMU

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Fri Mar 9 16:20:58 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 14:32 +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 02:27:02PM +0000, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> > On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 03:03 +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

> > >  For the reverse Xen will tell us what bridge device a
> > >     guest is using, and we can reverse lookup the corresponding network
> >
> > 	I'm not sure why you want this?
>
> Without this you be sending in
>
>      <interface type='network'>
>         <source network='foo'>
>      </interface>
>
> And be getting back
>
>      <interface type='bridge'>
>          <source bridge='virbr0'>
>      </interface>
>
> As far as is possible the XML used to create a VM should be identical
> to that you get back from libvirt once it is running.

	Absolutely, very good point.

	There's a few places where we return the current running state rather
than the initial configuration we provided, but this would be a
particularly bad case.

	It's a bit fugly, though - should libvirt do ListDomains(),
GetBridgName() and match the bridge name, or should we have
virNetworkLookupByBridge() and make qemud do the lookup itself?

Cheers,
Mark.