[Libvir] RPM upgrades interaction with default networking

David Lutterkort dlutter at redhat.com
Wed Mar 14 02:48:11 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 23:22 +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> When we build an RPM we also include the default.xml file in the
> /etc/libvirt/qemu/networks directory, as well as the autostart symlink.
> So anyone installing the libvirt RPM gets the default network, whether
> they're doing an upgrade or fresh install.  This is reasonable for the
> new install, or the first time you upgrade to a new neworking-enabled
> libvirt. If you subsequently delete the default network, or turn off
> autostarting, then along comes the next libvirt RPM update and autostart
> gets turned back on, and/or the default network recreated.

Have you tried how rpm reacts to a %config(noreplace) for those files ?
I am not sure how it deals with file deletions, but for files changed by
the user, it properly creates the new file as .rpmnew (and some people
actually have scripts to help them reconcile the rpmnew files with their
changes, interactively, of course)

David