[Libvir] Remote patch, 2007-05-01

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed May 2 12:30:53 UTC 2007

Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 06:47:04PM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>> This is a patch against CVS -- in other words, it includes the two
>> previous patches I sent to this list today.
>>
>> Compared to the previous patch, it's just bug fixes and testing.
>>
>> Sorry, these patches are getting rather huge.  Unfortunately I can't see
>> any sensible way to split it up.  For the most part you either have
>> remote support or you don't.
>
>   Well I think we should start to review individual new files, especially
> those whre you don't plan much changes until the final version, and then
> commit them, this mean that we will be able to do most of the review
> progressively, commit stuff progressively, even if the support is not there
> yet when compiling. This will allow to review smaller chunks and then
> we will finish with the actual patches to existing files, adding the
> support finally.
>   That sounds like one way to go forward by digesting one chunk at a time.

Agreed - in the next version I'll split it up as you suggest.

Rich.

--
Emerging Technologies, Red Hat  http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/
64 Baker Street, London, W1U 7DF     Mobile: +44 7866 314 421

Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 1TE, United Kingdom.
Registered in England and Wales under Company Registration No. 3798903
Directors: Michael Cunningham (USA), Charlie Peters (USA) and David
Owens (Ireland)