[Libvir] build problems with latest cvs version

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri May 4 16:12:43 UTC 2007

On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 05:09:45PM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> Jan Michael wrote:
> >Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> >>That's odd - I was expecting you were going to say you were running
> >>something more ancient.
> >>
> >>Next question then :-)
> >>
> >>What happens if you do:
> >>
> >>$ grep SIOCBRADDBR /usr/include/linux/sockios.h
> >>
> >>for me:
> >>
> >>#define SIOCBRADDBR     0x89a0          /* create new bridge
> >>device     */
> >
> >Well ... the following:
> >
> ><command>
> >[xxxxxxxx at xenmachine libvirt]# grep SIOCBRADDBR
> >/usr/include/linux/sockios.h
> >[xxxxxxxx at xenmachine libvirt]#
>
> This is very strange.  In 2.6.18 vanilla kernel, this macro is present:
>
> http://lxr.linux.no/source/include/linux/sockios.h?v=2.6.18#L120
>
> Does your copy of linux/sockios.h look like that one?

I think the trouble is that traditionally userspace builds didn't use the
actual kernel headers. In Fedora historically there was a glibc-kernheads
which had a set of header files not tracking any particular kernel release.

Looking at the way bridge-utils in FC5 worked, they patched in a custom
version of  sockios.h to get access to the bridge constants. Perhaps we'll
have to do similar in libvirt or find a different way to call the bridge
stuff.

Dan.